Category : OLD BLOG
Oh, my sweetness goodness! This rich Stella Rosa Rosso cherry and chocolate tart is supreme delicacy. Savor the taste of fresh cherries, chocolate, and ricotta filling topped with a hint of Stella Rosa Rosso syrup – it is simply divine! Grab your bottle of Stella Rosa Rosso and take a bite for yourself:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2/3 cup chilled butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1/3 cup Stella Rosa Rosso
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- Combine flour, icing sugar, and butter in a food processor until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolk and water until dough just begins to come together.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide pastry into 6 even portions. Roll each portion between 2 sheets of non-stick baking paper until you get a 4mm-thick disc. Line a round, 3cm-deep, 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tin with a removable base with the pastry. Trim excess and repeat with remaining pastry. Prick bases all over with a fork. Refrigerate baking tray for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- While that’s baking, make the syrup by combining Stella Rosa Rosso and sugar in a saucepan over low heat. Stir for 5 minutes to allow sugar to dissolve. Add cherries when it begins to boil, and continue stirring for 3-4 minutes until syrup thickens. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Stir using a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat chocolate, ricotta, and mascarpone in a bowl until smooth. Divide ricotta mixture among pastry cases and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, divide tarts among plates and top with the cherries and Stella Rosa Rosso syrup.
And voila! You will be indulging on this sweet Stella Rosa Rosso dessert in no time! We trust you’ll be back for seconds and thirds. Enjoy!
For more delicious food and drink recipes you can incorporate Stella Rosa wine into, visit our Pinterest.